Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2014 8:49:00 AM EDT
I know, budget builds are not popular around here.  However, I was looking for something I could put together in the 500-600 range (before optics) and strictly use as a range "fun gun".

So, here is how it is shaping up - not including shipping

PSA Blemished lower - $75.00 ($50.00 + $25.00 FFL fee)

Core 15 LPK - $35.00

Buffer and stock - TBD (may use the buffer and stock I have from a PSA LBK)

Core 15 M4 upper - complete - $342.00

Rear sight - TBD

Total before buffer/stock and rear sight - $452.00 - not bad for a range toy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I like budget builds. I think it is great that you can build an AR15 for a little more than what people are asking for SKSs.
My only requirement for an AR15 is reliability, ability to shoot Tula and reasonable open sight accuracy (3" at 100yds is OK by me).

Here is my latest:

PTAC complete upper $305
Rear sight (amazon) $13
Used polymer lower (LGS) $50  I know I probably paid to much.
PTAC LPG and Mil spec PSA stock kit $87
Used aluminum magazine $8
Total $463 (shipping included)

It all looks good,  I am taking out this weekend to break it end.
The only thing I do not like it the fat forearm on the upper, I may have to spend $15 and get a thinner one.
Good luck on your build.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
There's lots of love for budget builds around here. We don't all use $4k sticks you know

Anyway we need pics when ur done.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
which $13 amazon sight? possibly looking for a gas block height one, that isnt 100 bucks, and that isnt complete shit. preferrably a folding one, but not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Lower - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

Upper - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

BCG - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bolt-carrier-groups/5-56-mpi-hpt-bolt-carrier-group-with-charging-handle.html

Total = $560

You will not get the quality of this gun anywhere else for this price.  This has an FN made barrel and the bolt is HPT/MPI.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't remember the name.  It was a folder with 4 stars.  I also used a carrying handle sight I got for $18 and it worked just fine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
pics you liars!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Go away shill -Eric802
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top