Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2003 7:19:57 AM EDT
My buddy just got a Colt AR Preban A2 config, slabside, perfect in every way.  The gun is just about brand new, maybe 20 rounds through it.  It was his uncles and his uncle passed away and his aunt gave it to him for nuttin.  He wasnt a scope.  He is a cheap bastard who wants to knwo what he best optic for around $150 woul dbe.  He wants a scope that has adjustable magnification like a 4-9 or so  what would you recommend.  I have a Tasco EXP that I love and that is my irst recomendation, but I wanted to see what yu all thought and have experience with.  I know that is not a lot of money and you cant get a whole lot these days for that but what CAN he get that youwld be good?  I told him a U.S. Optics, but he did not want to sell his car. so here we are.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
For a $150 ceiling, and not looking at something used, there are a few choices.  There are the the Simmons Aetec 2.8-10x44 for $140 or else the Aetec 3.8-12x44 for $155.  There's the Weaver V9 3-9x38 for $149.  Sightron also has an S1 3-9x40 for $150.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Weaver from Natchez. Good scopes at good prices
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Millet Buck Gold 3x9x44 w/Adj ParaLX. Made By Hakko of Japan. (Same Co. that makes Springfield Armory Scopes, Just without the level and fancy reticle.)

$149.95 at Midway USA.

Hell'va nice Scope for the money.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top