Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:51:44 AM EDT
I am a new member to the forum but have cruised the sire for a while.  I just never had anything to say.  Now I do.  I just learned something yesterday.   Don't shoot a .50cal Beowulf with a Telestock!!!  I have come to the conclusion (after a bruised shoulder and 30 rounds)  I picked up my upper this weekend, shot it at the local indoor range on sunday for a couple of minutes and then yesterday I took it out to the the range and WOW.  It is a cannon and a lot of Fun.  I think I'll put my A2 stock back on.  Anyone else played with one yet.

Thank and Great site!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#1]
[beer] sounds like fun!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
How's the beowulf compare to a 50AE, a 50 S&W (what's it called?) and a 50BMG?  I know I know, pistol vs. Browning Machine Gun, just curious.

=)

Hehe... telestock != for 50 beo CQB
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The .50 Ae pistol has quite a punch but is about 1/2 the length, the Browning I would NEVER fire from my shoulder (hee hee).  It is quoted as being equal to a 20 or 12 gauge magnum slug.  I concur!! It is a lot of fun, I had to switch betwenn the .223 and the .50cal to let my shoulder rest.  I know it had everything to do with the stock I had on it.  It is really accurate.  I had a Red dot on and it and the rifle put it where I aimed consistantly.  It was REALLY funny to see my buddy jerk when he flinched as I watched him try to shoot it with the safety on.  I just let him go to see how bad he would flinch and it was funny.  It will be REALLY enjoyable once the A2 gets back on.  I am picking up another lower to just make 2 guns instead of switching back and forth.  I have to say that paypal is God's gift to married men.  If you dont have one (paypal account) get one. It is money that you spend as you wish and dont have to worry about taking the flack about why you are bying all these guns.  The Grizzly is the next investment within the next coupel of months.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
800Mtrs,
Be advised that PayPal is now ANTI-GUN. They recently changed their policy to reflect that of ebay. They will drop you if they find that you used their money for an EVIL purpose.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you serious.  I will have to check their policy.  I usually use my Paypal debit card for purchases at shops and such, but I will definately be careful in my subject of the desciption of goods.  Thanks for the heads up.  They must be Democrats!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I just read it and it says you cannot use paypal to SELL any guns, components, etc.  It did not say you could not pay for items using paypal that are those items.  I will be careful though.  thanks for the heads up. :)
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
800Mtrs,

If you'd rather not revert to your A2 stock, the ACE skeleton stock should work fine.  I have one on the lower I use with my 458 SOCOM upper, and it works as well as my old A2.  Plus the soft rubber buttcap doesn't dig into my shoulder like the A2 did...  Man, the large bore uppers are too much fun!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just read it and it says you cannot use paypal to SELL any guns, components, etc.  It did not say you could not pay for items using paypal that are those items.  I will be careful though.  thanks for the heads up. :)
View Quote

How on earth can they determine that you have "sold" a firearm through paypal?  Paypal is a monetary exchange medium.

Of course, it is owned by ebay, and perhaps they are referring specifically to auctions on ebay, where the primary vehicle for remitting funds is via paypal.

Still, this is mighty confusing (sorry for hijacking the thread...)

Geoff
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got the Beowulf tonight myself, can't wait to get to the range Thurs night, I saw it at the range last weekend, and at the Gunshop on Sunday, had to have it.  Just got the Entry though, only comes in a cardboard box,lol, oh well, it's not the frills that thrill, it's the engine
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
800Mtrs,
Be advised that PayPal is now ANTI-GUN. They recently changed their policy to reflect that of ebay. They will drop you if they find that you used their money for an EVIL purpose.
View Quote

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I've purchased a Bushy AR w/my PayPal card, used my PayPal account to buy  ass loads of gun
related stuff/parts on EBAY.
CMMG has a storefront on Ebay, MCP (FP-10) uses a PayPal shopping cart for it's CLP purchases.
The list goes on.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Try an ArmaLite AR-50.  I understand that with its' very efficient muzzle brake the felt recoil is about like a .308.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey 800Mtrs, Dodgeram, and other 50 Beowulf shooters:

A Public Service Announcement--

Please save that brass!  Even if you don't reload, or don't expect to, there are surely some guys on the board here who would love to have it.  Heck, I'd stockpile the stuff if I could get it, and I don't even have a Beowulf upper, yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top