Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2005 11:07:31 AM EDT
I need to place an order at Brownells anyway so I am thinking about tacking a couple of those onto my order.

There was a thread a while back asking if they were any good, but I wonder now that it's been a few months if there was any problems with them.  Are they good enough for SHTF?  Minus the floorplate markings, could you tell them apart from USGI?

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have three on the way to test out, but they won't be here till Monday.  Guess I know what I'll be doing on Monday.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you get the cheaper price?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I sent them a copy of my 03 FFL.  There are other ways though.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
How do you get the cheaper price?

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine have worked flawlessly! I am very pleased.

Will definitely be ordering more, especially for less than $13.00 per mag.

I have to wait a little bit though as the lady in the little brown truck will be bringing my new ACOG from Brownells tomorrow!!! I can't wait.

Huntr
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any way one of you guys with access to the cheaper price could help me out?  I'd appreicate it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If we ordered them for you, then shipped them from us to you it would kill the deal.

I have never regretted getting my C&R FFL.  You might consider looking into it.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Local gun show here in MI dealer had the brownells 30rd for $10.00 each. Only bought two wasn't sure how good brownells are. Have'nt tried em yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought three magazine bodies, three springs, and three floor plates from Brownell's and then used these parts to assemble mags using the new Magpul followers.  The mags look great and function--almost--flawlessly.  For some reason, I can only get 29 rounds in any of these mags.  I haven't tried to replace the Magpul followers with GI followers to see if that makes a difference.  That's what I mean by "almost."  No big deal, I guess.

Brownell's is really good about refunding money or exchanging stuff.  If a guy were to buy some of these mags and not be satisfied, Brownell's would make it right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The moly dry film kills it for me.  Moly sucks compared to Teflon.  I'll wait for the D&H(Labelle) mags to be available for about the same price.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is there any way one of you guys with access to the cheaper price could help me out?  I'd appreicate it.

Get yourself a C&R FFL and you can get the FFL holder prices at Brownells.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top