Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:45:16 AM EDT
Has anyone ordered them recently?
I open up 2 Brownells mags that I had ordered last year and found that the quality was a bit off.  The seam seemed to be opened up just a bit instead of being a smooth joining of the 2 halves.  The edges were quite sharp/rough.   They would not drop free of the mag well easily.  
Unfortunately, didn't take any pics before I traded them off for a couple of NHMTG mags which were supposed to have been from Brownells before they carried mags with their name on the bottom, but I just traded them this week  and I am sure that the dealer hasn't sold them yet.  I can probably still get pics if someone really needs them.    They have the Brownells marked plates but no other markings on the magazine bodies at all, which I found strange.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells mags are made by C Products LLC. The issues you describe seem to be common for those mags that were made in the past. The ones they make now supposedly have fixed those issues.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet they look like the pic below.  Those were purchased over a year ago.  Mine have all worked great.  The early ones lacked the moly finish on the interior of the mags, but they functioned fine.  

If you ever have an issue with something purchased from Brownells, call them up.  The have outstanding customer service.  I have no doubt they would have exchanged them or refunded your money.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Brownells mags are made by C Products LLC. The issues you describe seem to be common for those mags that were made in the past. The ones they make now supposedly have fixed those issues.

Can anyone confirm that Brownells is shipping the "good" mags now?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bet they look like the pic below.  

Do you have a pic from the top?  The seam on the right side of the mag in the picture is the alignment I mentioned.  The view from the top is worse.  They may have functioned perfectly, but I wasn't happy with the visual quality and the fact that they were tight in the mag well.   I have no doubt that Brownells would have exchanged them, but I was able to exchange them at a local dealer without paying shipping.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
You can find cheaper top-name mags if you look around a bit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Do you have a pic from the top?  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Your last picture is still from the side and not from the top.  If you look straight down from the top with the ones I had, the seam is not exactly straight and it is bulging a bit..
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top