Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:31:35 PM EDT

Does anyone have a surefire way of getting this crap to disappear for good???

I need one for my SP1 (some kommie lovin heathen put an A2 on a fairly early SP1 )

I have one in my junk box in good shape but

Its covered in some brown scaly fungi infection from within....

??????

Thanks<­BR>
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 10:03:08 AM EDT by Hunterex]
Buddy, you and I are one in the same.

I thought it was caked on dirt or something... but they're actually supposed to look like that.
Apparently some furniture were made with brown swirls in it. Sometimes the swirls are not very pronounced, and other times ... well, you get the picture.

It's normal, and no matter how much you sand on it with steel wool or whatever cleaning device you use will not take it off Don't want the swirls, gotta buy another one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:01:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 5:03:00 AM EDT by uxb]
CavVet.

Can you send me a pic? I will trade you a MINT A1 pistol grip for it if you want a 1970-ish grip in un-issued condition if you are interested.

I can send you a pic tonight.

uxb
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:21:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uxb:
CavVet.

Can you send me a pic? I will trade you a MINT A1 pistol grip for it if you want a 1970-ish grip in un-issued condition if you are interested.

I can send you a pic tonight.

uxb

Ok, now I really wanna know what this brown crap is.

Someone will trade me a crappy one for a MINT one?

sniff, sniff.......
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:40:38 AM EDT
It's actually the material the grip was molded from. Turned out to be too fragile and they changed the composition. I'm putting them on all my retro-rifles...

Wasn't able to shoot a pic last night, but I'll send you one if you're interested.

Top Top