Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:42:57 PM EST
Are these alright to file through the AR? ive been using high priced stuff, so I think I am ready to some cheaper stuff. thanks!

it is a bushmaster lawman.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:50:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 1:51:44 PM EST by KC-ROUGHNECK]
If you want cheap ammo, look at Wolf.

Out of lacquered wolf and silver bear, I've had more probs. with the bear.

ETA:To answer your question, It will shoot dirty, and wont be very accurate. You might have a few FTE's for every 500 or so.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:54:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 1:58:17 PM EST by ChromeLined]
Steel cased ammo may wear a bit more on the extractor but should work well in an already broken in rifle.It wont hurt the chamber as chrome is harder than steel and its a mild steel case.Ive used silver bear,Barnaul,Wolf all ran fine.The only think I can see is my chamber is dirtier as a steel case doesnt fully expand like brass so you get a little blow by in the chamber.

I use it in my Bushy and CMMG barrel and all is well.For those who say it will wear your chamber down just see how much wear a steel carrier or trigger and hammer pins do to the forged aluminum...not much

I use Les baer hard chromed extractors and on one rifle the extractor is on its 2cnd bolt,so at this point the extractor has 16k rounds on it and is still sharp and shows no signs of wear and half that count is wolf old and new stuff.First bolt died at the little over 15k count.

The problem with the laqured ammo is not the laquer but the bullet sealant at the case neck where the bullet meets the case.Also I use an LMT enhanced carrier so I have less peak chamber pressure and more fouling gets blown out on extraction.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:33:15 PM EST
I have put lots of silver bear, 55 grain fmj and 62 grain hollow point, through my bushmaster and CMMG SBR with no problems. I was hitting a steel target consistantly offhand at 100 yards from both guns with the ammo. The hollow point rounds work great on critters around the farm. I say silver bear is good ammo.
Top Top