Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 4:06:28 PM EST
I have a pretty good stash of Guatamalen ammo that I purchased through C.I.A, awhile back.

The headstamp reads as follows:

IMG 92 5.56

Does this stuff fragment like M193? Or is this stuff crap? I bought it because this ammo got pretty good reviews here on the board, but fragmentataion properties were never discussed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:14:07 PM EST
This is M193 Ball I've chronographed met M193 spec. Made on German provided equipment. Some was also contract produced by Winchester for the Guatemalan armed forces. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:29:14 PM EST
Thanks for the response, Chuck. The ammo seems pretty good, but in my Dissy it shoots a bit to the right. I have my sights zeroed at 50yds using LC XM193, so I gotta compensate a bit by aiming a bit more to the left.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:01:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By urbankaos04: I have a pretty good stash of Guatamalen ammo that I purchased through C.I.A, awhile back. The headstamp reads as follows: IMG 92 5.56 Does this stuff fragment like M193? Or is this stuff crap? I bought it because this ammo got pretty good reviews here on the board, but fragmentataion properties were never discussed. Thanks.
View Quote
We haven't actually tested it, but it should provide the same fragmentation as most M193- that is- good. Again, haven't tested it specifically, but probably quite good.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:24:47 AM EST
There's no published fragmentation data on this ammo. [i[If[/i] the bullet is constructed like M193 Ball it [i]should[/i] perform like M193 Ball. Shoot it into 4 feet of water and see what happens. Really, water will demonstrate fragmentation but won't show the size of the temporary cavity. Don't use your above round pool..... -- Chuck
Top Top