Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2003 11:19:19 AM EDT
I have one of the dark finished Colt factory 20 rounders with the black plastic follower. I guess this is the type of mags Colt used to ship out with their SP1's. But the little pin and interior locking tab at the bottom are broke. I hope I am using correct terminology here. All 4 of the little floorplate retaining tabs are in great shape, it's just the pin and little trickamajig thingy at the bottom front of the mag. While the floorplate will slide into the tabs, it won't lock in place. It would be easy for the floorplate to slip off the way it is, therefore I just placed it back into my ever growing collection of junk. Can this mag be restored or is this problem incorrectable? I guess I could get a replacement mag body for it if I can locate one and if the problem can't be fixed any other way.

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Replace the floorplate with one for a 30 round mag and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry if I ask, but why don't you just use a regular 30 round floorplate on your broken mag?
These floorplates have two small protuding "dents" at the front that will keep it in place, preventing it from moving out.
In this case you will end up with a Colt floorplate that you will have no use for, and I am looking for one...

Enough said!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that is so simple I didn't even think of it. Here I was preparing to get out the heavy tools and gadgets from the garage! LOL. I'll give it a try and see how it works.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That did it. Popped right on and worked like a charm. Now I need a replacement for the black follower and the floor plate for the 30 rounder I robbed. LOL.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Trade your Colt 20 floor plate with Heavy59 for the gear you need. He was just about begging up there.[:P]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trade your Colt 20 floor plate with Heavy59 for the gear you need. He was just about begging up there.[:P]
View Quote

Yes!!! [^] [^] [^]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top