Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 1/3/2004 4:34:55 AM EDT
I'm under the impression that the mag followers in these mags are the same as the green anti-tilt.Is there any truth to this?
Are these mags more durable than the aluminum USGI mags,because they are made out of steel?
Thanks
43E1P
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:37:40 AM EDT
Yes Yes
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:57:13 AM EDT
Yes, they are of the "same design" as the USGI green ones, however, the plastic material is a tad softer. Don't waste your time replacing it with a green one, won't fit without some work (I've tried it.) Just take it out and use it, there is no problem with these English made followers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:57:50 AM EDT
Yes, the English followers are of the "same design" as the USGI green ones, however, the plastic material is a tad softer. Don't waste your time replacing it with a green one, won't fit without some work (I've tried it.) Just take it out and use it, there is no problem with these English made followers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 4:58:20 AM EDT
Yes, the English followers are of the "same design" as the USGI green ones, however, the plastic material is a tad softer. Don't waste your time replacing it with a green one, won't fit without some work (I've tried it.) Just take it out and use it, there is no problem with these English made followers. The steel magazines are very durable, but weight is a trade off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:43:49 AM EDT
I had no problem replacing the english followers for the green ones. The english followers are softer then the USGI ones. Replace them w/ green ones just to be safe. You can find greens for less then a buck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:25:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2004 9:25:48 AM EDT by Dawg180]
NEGATIVE, the followers are not the same, at least not in the 21 english mags I had. They are SIMILAR, but in my experience they can cause some trouble with feeding of the last round. The front "anti-tilt" leg is about half the length of the green American one, and is nowhere near as wide. Most the mags seemed to work fine, but I had at least one that had the followre try to roll over cause the last round to feed improperly. Also, out of the 21 mags, I had to file the mag catch notch a bit on two to get them to seat (no biggie). I also had two mags that I don't trust- the front-to-back dimension is awfully small, causing the follower to bind up just short of the top. On one it seems to have worked itself out, but on the other, the follower stops 1/4" short of the top. This mag appeasr to be s**t and is 1/16" shallower than the others, it wiggles all around in the magwell. I also have another that the front face is not parallel to to the rear face, but it works fine. My English mags are the ones with the black "painted" finish. The had england stickers on them and the follower spring also had a England sticker on it, and they are stamped: "Imperial Defense Services" ---------England------------- on the floorplate. Still, at $14 each, I'll take two questionable ones ones out of 21, I still saved a ton over used USGI mags. But I think I am beginning to understand the problems the Brits had with the L85. I liike these mags, I am just suggesting that you double check them PRIOR to using them, and swap the followers.
Top Top