Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:42:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 1:19:32 PM EST by fletchnuts]
I'm about to install an EOTech 552 on an LaRue LT110 in a position that would straddle the gap/crack in a DD AR-15 Lite Rail 7.0. I have to push the optic forward because I'm going to be using the LaRue LT649 (pivot mount)/Po Boy combo. There just isn't enough space on the receiver for my troy buis, po boy, and EOTech/LT110.

Has anyone had experience straddling the crack in this setup. It's basically a continuous rail, but I'm concerned that it may affect the zero of the EOTech. Has anyone done this and had zeroing issues?

ETA: Found a photo on LaRue's website that seems to show what I'm talking about. Linky. It's the first picture in the slideshow.

I've often heard that one shouldn't bridge the gap, but I've also heard that DD AR-15 Lite Rails lock up really tight and tend not to spin. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:29:20 PM EST
Nobody? Someone out there has to have experience with something similar...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:31:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:40:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:56:10 PM EST
Thanks very much for the help guys. I'm glad to hear that setup doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Wonderful photos btw mfingar, too bad those slide show flash apps on LaRue's site are so small, a lot of detail is lost in translation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:06:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:45:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By mfingar:

Originally Posted By fletchnuts:
Thanks very much for the help guys. I'm glad to hear that setup doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Wonderful photos btw mfingar, too bad those slide show flash apps on LaRue's site are so small, a lot of detail is lost in translation.

No problem.
Your comments about the small photos are noted (thanks). We are on the verge of a new format...with thumbnail galleries linked to 800 x 600 photos for each product. We'll have more in-depth specs and information as well.

Mark

Sounds great! Your site is already one of the easiest to get around, and the slide shows are definitely a move in the right direction. Thumbnail galleries should be great, the more media the better.

Keep up the good work, the quality products never cease to amaze.

Any chance one of these days you could put together a picture tour of the facilities? I've got a buddy who works in an off-road fab/machine shop who would love to see what 18 CNC machines look like (I'd like to see what they look like too!).
Top Top