Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 3:03:09 PM EDT
How important is the shoot, clean, shoot, clean breaking in of a barrel.  What is the accuracy diffrence going to be if you just go out and shoot 50 rounds with out doing that type of breaking in and on the other hand acctually takeing the time to do that kind of breaking in?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2004 3:24:48 PM EDT by model927]
for a 5.56 chambered chrome lined barrel its not necessary.Its more necessary for the moving parts to break in so shoot alot and clean every time you fire.Dont over clean or take a dental pick to any thing and lube and clean with CLP and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:22:53 PM EDT
It's immeasurable, IMO. You'll still have good accuracy despite not performing a break-in.

I just shoot one rd & clean with a patch for 10rds, I don't do anything more involved than that & it seems to have worked real good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:56:41 PM EDT
I think the only time it makes a differance is with a non chrome lined match grade barrel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:09:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole:
It's immeasurable, IMO. You'll still have good accuracy despite not performing a break-in.

I just shoot one rd & clean with a patch for 10rds, I don't do anything more involved than that & it seems to have worked real good.
View Quote

I agree with BobCole.

I clean first before shooting any new barrel then like he says. You would be surprised what I have got out of new barrels.

YMMV

Danny
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:54:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By roadrash:
I think the only time it makes a differance is with a non chrome lined match grade barrel.
View Quote

No it wont even make a difference then.
Top Top