Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2007 4:47:57 PM EDT
I have a 6921 coming on transfer and I was wondering what was the best way to break in the barrel.  With my new bolt actions, I clean every round for six rounds while at the range.  After that they drive them where I need them.  Is there anything different for the AR?

(I've owned ARs before but, to be honest, I never gave the barrel much attention. I want this gun, however, to be as accurate as possible.)
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
go here for barrel breakin info
http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/Barrel_BreakIn.asp
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If chrome lined no break in is necessary.  Sorry, I'm not altogether familiar with the Colt model numbering system.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If chrome lined no break in is necessary.  Sorry, I'm not altogether familiar with the Colt model numbering system.

I'm pretty sure it is chrome lined.  Why no break in with chrome?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top