Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:12:03 PM EDT
I just got my new RRA and went out shooting for the first time today, only 200 rounds, but I had 2 stoppages during firing. It's a brand spankin' new rifle...and I'm assuming the buffer spring is pretty stiff, what I'm wondering is is there a break in period for as new rifle I should be aware of? It's my first new AR so I'm hoping that's all it is.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

D
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:30:41 PM EDT
Everything probably just needs worn in. Keep it lubed with CLP and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:32:45 PM EDT
If it malfunctions a couple times in the first 1000rds, or so, it is probably just breaking in.

After that is when it should be running 99.99%.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:49:40 PM EDT
I'd be curious about how well lubed the rifle was when you hit the range, and what ammo you were using. A "brand spankin' new" RRA rifle shouldn't give you any problem if it's well lubed and you use quality ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
I was using Remington ammo and it was well lubed with Militec...I'm not sure if a lot of you are familiar with that ( http://www.militec.com/ )but it's the shit, I've never been a big fan of CLP.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:27 PM EDT
Yeah...and after reading a bunch of crap online about how militec is horrible...I don't know quite how to feel about it...any opinions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:10:56 PM EDT
i have had to use the forward assist twice on my new rra when releasing the charging handle. using 223 remington ammo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:03:41 AM EDT
Range report for Monday...

Several stoppages (double-feeds) with newly built weapon. Likely its the older mags I was using. However, I agree that all parts need to be "seasoned" or broken-in to achieve maximum performance. In fact on my 9mm rig' I polished the bolt's rails to REALLY glide!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:42 PM EDT
New info...I put another 300 rounds through it today using CLP and...worked like a dream! So back to tried, trusted and true again for me.
I love this rifle...a cop out at the range had a colt and everyone who used both our rifles liked mine better, the 2 stage trigger, balance, weight, etc.
I love it.

D
Top Top