I am looking to store some AR's as well. Sounds like there is little consensus on what product to use other than cosmo which can be a pain to deal with later.
I went to the Breakfree site to what other products they have and they appear to have many. Has anyone used Breakfree Collector? Here is a snip:
Collector Liquid provides a protective coating against rust and corrosion on metal to metal finishes; no need to remove before use.
- Developed for military use to protect weapons for up to 5 years in storage.
- Exceeds military requirements for rust and corrosion protection.
- Unique 100% synthetic oil formulation with multiple high performance anti-rust and corrosion
- Will not break down to form waxy residues under heat or with age. Contains no wax or mineral
- Protects up to five years. Lab test results show over 1,200 hours of rust and corrosion
protection on mild steel panels when exposed to 100% humidity at 93 degrees with out
developing even one micro of rust.
- Does not have to be removed before firing; always "grab and go" combat ready condition.
- Safe for use on all metals and finishes.
- Ideal to protect gun collections, knives, swords, and sports equipment. Perfect for museums
and police armories.
Check it out www.break-free.com Look under the "Products" link at the top.
Any input on any of these from Brownell's?
Rust preventatives from Brownell's
Actually - that link only takes you to one product. The URL does not incorporate the search syntax. So goto Brownell' and search for "RUST PREVENTATIVE"