Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 9:21:53 AM EDT
I am currently tryin to decide which upper to buy. The gun will be used for coyotes mostly but being that I'm in the Army I like the cool guy look of these instead of the varmint models. My question is which upper is better?  Also which rail system would be better the YHM or the Daniel Defense? The DD is like $185 more. Is it really worth the extra money. If anyone has either of these I would appreciate your option and or pics. Thanks for your time.

SSG Groves
Aco 2/506th Inf, 101st ABN DIV
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the YHM flimsy? I plan on using it with a bipod but I wont be usin it to storm the Normandy beaches. Also do either come with the heat shields like are on the Knight's Armament we use on our M-4's? I'm sorry for all the questions just don't want to spend $185 on a name. If the DD are truly better I have no problem gettin those. What else am I gonna do with all this tax free Iraq money? Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a YHM CAR handguard, and switched to the DD 7.0.  The DD IS better, and thus costs more.  I don't perceive it as paying for a name.  If you get the YHM, be sure to use the correct wrench to tighten the jam nut good and tight.  

Oh yea and one other thing-  On my YHM I had to shave plastic off my Tango Down vert grip to get it to slide on to the rails.  It fit perfect on my DD rails though.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go with the DD. Now if I could only decide which upper.

SSG Groves
Aco 2/506th Inf, 101st ABN DIV
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Either upper would shoot better than most of us can...

Get whichever one looks cooler...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Paul at BCo. built me one of those sam uppers for my deployment in 04.  It has been 100 percent when jacking rounds downrange and accurate to boot.  I elected for a 1/7 brl as well as went with the KAC rail.  Paul recommended the DD over the YHM to me.  Give Paul a call, he'll treat ya right...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top