Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:05:15 PM EDT
I'm working on a 25AR wildcat and need a 6.8/30 cal brake.  This will be a hunting rifle, so I'm looking at the most effective brake for reducing muzzle climb while not totally blowing out my ear drums.

How is the PRI "Quiet Brake"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot with the PRI, Bennie Cooley Tactical Comp and the Surefire MB556K on my 5.56 rifles, it doesn't matter which brake you use there all loud.   I didn't notice that much difference in the sound and all worked well at keeping the muzzle stable.

If I had to choose my favorite it would be the Bennie Cooley, for the price it's hard to beat. Spikes is releasing the Dyna Comp and from the reports I've read it's supposed to work really well, I'll be able to provide input in a coupel weeks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
BattleComp BABC

IIRC, SniperX uses one on his hog gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BattleComp BABC

^This is what I was going to suggest, I have no first hand experience but have heard nothing but good things about them

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top