Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 7:13:51 AM EDT
I've heard the debate here before about how loud a compensator makes an AR.  This weekend I had a chance to shoot one right after another, my Oly 11.5" barrel and one of the new Bushy 'M4' jobs with that strange looking compensator.  I've always heard that the 11.5" was loud but it didn't hold a candle to that Bushy.  Holy smokes, I thought my fillings were going to come loose!  
Other than the noise I was very impressed with the Bushy though, it was the first one I'd shot.  Nice finish, smooth action, but it had the anoying 'boooinngg' from the full length buffer!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Fastang,
I have a 20" and I can say its even loud!!  My next project will be a 16" Expedition Kit from J&T and I know it will be even louder!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, by the way.  You can put some heavy grease on the recoil buffer and spring and that will stop.  Mine know makes no boing at all.

Good shootin!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Could this be the solution for our mini-y sonic booms? It's like a chasity belt for your gun [:D]
[url]http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=AR0903&back=yes&dept=196&last=21[/url]

[img]http://www.tapco.com/item_pics/lg/AR0903_lg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the feel of the blast from my Bushmaster M-4 with mini-Y comp.

I am reminded of a time when my late father explained to my mother in the late 70's as to why he put glass packs on the family van..."if I have to pay these prices [gas was going up rapidly then] for gas, then dammit, I want to hear what I am paying for."  

So, when I pay for ammo, I want to hear it and feel it.  :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, when I pay for ammo, I want to hear it and feel it.  :)
View Quote

Dude, you may want to re-think the "feel" part.  I wouldn't want to feel any ammo fired from any firearm.

[frag]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If you like to have open spots next to you at the range, then fire off a few rounds with a y-comp/mini y-comp brake.  If you think it's loud from the shooters point of view, have you heard it from the side?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Armoredsaint, this thing from Tapco really looks good..too bad it's for the AK style brake.  If they make one for the MINI_Y I'll sure as heck have one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top