Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 4:00:14 PM EDT
I bought a barreled upper today but it didn't have a bolt and carrier. I paid 200. It is an A1 upper with a free floating handguard, standard front sight base and pencil barrel. I hope I didn't get taken. Anyway It didn't come with a bolt and carrier and I was wondering where the best source for a bolt and carrier complete was for a plinker rifle. As always reliability is the biggest factor for me. Is switching a bolt and carrier back and forth a bad idea? Thanks for your knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:18:33 PM EDT
At the very least, each barrel should have its own bolt. I have to recomend Bravo Company and thier m16 bolt and carrier cuz thats all I use. Really, theres not a whole lot of difference in any of the manufacturers unless you buy a super-secret ninja colt bolt that is impervious to magic spells and MP tested. Other manufacturers are proving by MP testing that the price of a colt bolt is overrated. BC should have CMT MP tested bolts and carriers. BravoCompany USA
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:19:55 PM EDT
You didn't get taken doesn't sound like. (without seeing the upper and so forth)

The chances of having problems with a new bolt and carrier are very very small.
Top Top