Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:03:54 PM EDT
Anyone ever dealt with them? They had a part I just had to have, so I went out on a limb and ordered from them (the part showed up in the EE the next week for less $). I placed my order on Oct. 8. I don't think it's been shipped. Two emails went unanswered, and I had to leave a voice mail when I called. Any experience? I'm about to cancel, if I can get anyone to acknowledge it. I know these outfits are busy, and backordering, but I like to  be kept up to date.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had alright experiences with them (I order my 5.11 pants from them) but both times when I ordered they were promising a free hat. To date, I have never received a hat from either order. Other people have had worse experiences with calls never being answered, emails never returned, etc. Sometimes I think it just might be better to pay a few bucks more rather than stress over something like this.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have placed 3 orders with them and never had any problem whatsoever.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've ordered from them several times and found them to be very quick and responsive.  I learned about them from fellow LEOs and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have placed a couple small orders with them and had zero problems.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Botach generally has a very poor rep.  That said, I've ordered three times and never had a problem...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
2 types of botach customers....those that have been screwed by them....and those that are gonna get screwed by them...I have ordered twice, first time I didnt know better, and I had no problems...second time, left a lil to be desired but I still recieved my product albeit it a few months and many emails later
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have only dealt with them once, and they were horrible.  They sent the wrong part, and then sat on my return funds for almost two months.  Then again, two good friends have dealt with them in the past, and they never had any problems.  I would say buyer beware
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered 30-40 times over the years with no probs.  Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I have always had good luck with them as well. I have, however, heard quite a few horror stories on other boards. Seems like there are a few here that have had problems, too. Best of luck to you...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've ordered 30-40 times over the years with no probs.  Knock on wood.

Quick, buy a lottery ticket!  Because with those odds you're the luckiest man on the planet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah.  I wonder each time if this will be the one.

Actually I think I did have one order that simply never shipped.  But my card was never charged.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are going onto it as: "I wonder if this will be the time they screw me..."  Then should you really be going into it at all?

I had HORRIBLE problems with Botach.  NEVER again!  What you may save in $$$ will be made up--with interest--in frustration and stress.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I am one of those customers who has had both good and bad experiences with them.....

2 transactions were great..... but the last one.... it took 6-8 weeks before I saw my order, and they never listed the items as being out of stock on their site when I bought them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I've emailed them to cancel my order. Swore I wouldn't pay a 20% ($20) restock fee, since it is CANCELLED, not  RETURNED.  We'll see how that goes
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#15]
only 7 for 7 with no problems, even held  up on the below cost for the peltors i ordered.

I have no problems ordering and wuill do agin.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I've placed about 10 orders and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I've ordered three time for some high value items and have had no problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Appearently for me, if you want to know order status, call and say "I'd like to cancel an order." It's supposed to go out today. Lots of time on hold, probably spent $10 on long distance. If it comes next week, I'll  be happy. But I probably won't deal with them again due to the lack of communication.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#20]
2 orders with them.
1st one one went perfect, second went

TDI bipod I ordered was crappy, never could get an RGA from them so I just said scr*w it.
Got burnt and learned  a lesson.

Now I typically only deal with vendors listed here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I've ordered cases of IMI M855 from them several times with absolutely zero problems.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Ask the class III dealer here in Tucson. This guy  posted awhile ago on the FAL files about a dealer sample  Botach had  for sale....to make a long story short, the dealer here in town  had the MG sold(minimi, if I remember right), sent the LEO letterhead w/a deposit, and never saw jack-shit. Anyway, it was a long drawn out event.  Hopefully, they got that squared away.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I have ordered from them a few times.  All but the last one went just fine.

Last one, I ordered a few items, and as usual, got no e-mail confirmation, no nothing.  But unlike the other times, I also got NO PRODUCT.  After a few weeks and several e-mails, I finally called them and talked to a RUDE woman who told me one of my items were backordered, and were expected in the next few WEEKS, so they held the whole order.  I asked her why they didn't let me know, and she got rude with me.  "If I had to call every single person who ordered something we didn't have in stock just to let them know it wasn't coming right away.... ".  So let me get t his straight..., No e-mail, NO phone call, NO courtesy WHATSOEVER!  I told her to cancel the ENTIRE order, and she put me on hold.  Next, a guy gets on the phone and tells me my order will be in the mail immediately.  My shipment arrived 3 days later INCLUDING the backordered item!

No more for me thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Run, do not walk, away from Botach.  Ordered once, got hosed.  Never again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#26]
When Surefire battery prices dropped to like $20 bucks for a 12 pack. Botach had a special on Surefire batteries for $15- bucks a 12 pack, and I had never ordered from them so, I thought what the hell I'll roll the dice. Well it turns out I didn't recieve the product real fast and I recieved GE batteries! I called to ask why I didn't get Surefire batteries and I got the attitude as in well you got batteries rite, there 123A rite? I said thats not the brand I ordered. They said I could send them back at my expense I told them I will never do buisness w/ them again!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top