Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:55:39 PM EDT
Anyone ever use the Botach tactical tools?  Reputation of the company?  www.botach.com  I ordered form them a few days ago and have heard nothing from them.  Getting a little nervous that I may have made a mistake.  When you call you are on hold for a minute or so and then you are sent to voicemail.  They never return the calls.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone ever use the Botach tactical tools?  Reputation of the company?  www.botach.com  I ordered form them a few days ago and have heard nothing from them.  Getting a little nervous that I may have made a mistake.  When you call you are on hold for a minute or so and then you are sent to voicemail.  They never return the calls.
View Quote

you got botached bro!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Botach has one of the worst reputations out there. Notorious for accepting orders and charging credit cards for products they do not have in stock. Banned from this site, IIRC.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll probably just get your stuff from out of nowhere.  If you have your order number and created an account, check it online.  Sometimes the shipping emails don't go out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered something once. Found out it was "backordered" a while after placing the order. Online it said it was in stock. I called and cancelled my order which they were surprisingly helpful with. The experience led me to believe that they charge cards when they don't have the inventory so they can place an order with a supplier and then ship the product out once they get it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
i have heard lots of things about Botach however i have placed over 20 orders from them over the past couple of years and have always received what i purchased. sometimes the wait was a little longer than i wanted but i have never been ripped off by them. i have always received an email with tracking when the order ships.

they had a really bad reputation a while back but like i said, i have always received what i bought.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Botach has one of the worst reputations out there. Notorious for accepting orders and charging credit cards for products they do not have in stock. Banned from this site, IIRC.

Good luck.
View Quote
You got Botached the fuck out!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You'll probably just get your stuff from out of nowhere.  If you have your order number and created an account, check it online.  Sometimes the shipping emails don't go out.
View Quote
This literally happened to me today. On 02/17 I ordered some some mags because the sale was great, and I didn't need them the next day. On 03/03 I get an email apologizing for the delay, well okay, thanks. I get home today, and the mailbox has a package. My first thought isn't Botach, but for an order with Midway I had last weekend. Well I'll be, it's my mags from Botach! I literally forgot about them.

I can't say I was Botached, because I knew what I was getting into. I would also order again if I had the time. The prices can be good, and they have never effed an order up or not eventually delivered.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn.  lesson learned. Check here first.  Buy later.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote
Been three days.  No order number.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good luck.
View Quote
Tell it brother.   They are almost as bad as PSA!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I have ordered maybe 30 different times from Botach.

When I do, I don't think about when the item will show up.
I've never had them fail to deliver something, but the time until it got to me can vary from 5 days to 2 months.

I order stuff from them when it goes on sale, and it's not something I need next week.
Their prices can be excellent, but don't bother trying to speak to someone there.

You will get your stuff eventually. Don't fret, and don't ever order from them if you need it soon.

G.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Honestly, i've never had a problem with them. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past decade and everything seems to ship on time.

As far as the KZ stuff, it seems to be fairly decent. I've used one of the barrel extension tools for the past couple years. Probably built/rebuilt 20 uppers with it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered once and it took 4 months for the item to arrive however they did talk to me over the phone afterwards. It was backordered! Site said in stock
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Been three days.  No order number.
View Quote
lol, I haven't heard anything from something I ordered over 3 years ago.

Too late to dispute with CC company and it was a cheap part that I don't need anymore so I'm not terribly concerned.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I have ordered from them 5-6 times without any problems. They usually are hard to beat on mag prices, especially the ETS mags, which I gave family members for Christmas presents--- they all LOVED them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Ordered a buffer tube 2 weeks ago, got an email yesterday saying the item was discontinued.  Might not order again after seeing all the terrible reviews.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had business dealings with the Botach family and as a result of that will never patronize Botach Tactical.  Just remember this is the family responsible for the AEY ammo scandal (War Dogs movie).
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

you got botached bro!
View Quote
This, sorry dude!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Well today they charged my credit card.  Either I am "BOTACHED" again or it is on the way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Damn.  lesson learned. Check here first.  Buy later.
View Quote
Yup exactly the thing to do.  If im  unsure of a company or product ill hit google with "******** ar15.com"
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I have ordered from them many, many times over the years - both from their website and their eBay store, and never had a problem.

During the post Sandy Hook panic, Botach was my go-to source for AR and Glock magazines.  One lot of AR magazines was backordered for a couple of months but they delivered when few other vendors had stock, and they honored their sale price (IIRC, Lancer AWM translucent mags were ~$13 each).

Ordering stuff from their eBay store has ALWAYS been reliable, because of eBay's purchase tracking.  Their USA made 2 point slings are gtg.  I like their free shipping and zero sales tax policy which allows me to order small purchases anytime.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I have ordered like 20 times frome Botach never had an issue. Always got just what I ordered within a reasonable time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I ordered 5 factory Glock mags from them they sent me 4 factory mags a 1 after market mag
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I still have an order from them from 2001 that they never filled, or responded on.

At least they didn't charge me for it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate botach and have been fucked in the past by them.  Buddy let me use a CRT they make and that works well.  Gambled $40 away for two and ordered and got them both.  Lucked out but knew the rules when I played with botach
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Well....My stuff showed up.  20 minutes later I got an invoice on email.  They do seem to have some logistic problems.  I never got an order confirmation or a tracking number.  The tracking number and invoice came 20 minutes after the stuff arrived.  It was in the invoice.

Odd flow but I felt I had to come back and say I did get the stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top