Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
are these everything they are advertised to be? no bore brush....patches?

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
somewhat

i use it at the range but have steered away from it since i got the otis. patches seem like a better thing to me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]
in a 'hostile situation', better to have a snake and run it through periodicly (because it's quick) then to NOT do it or wait until you can break out your traditional cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I use my bore snake as the final swab of the barrel.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The way I see it, the Boresnake is designed to drop down thru an Unobstructed barrel until the small weighted end comes out the other side, then you pull it thru.

Now if you have mud/dirt Impacted in the barrel or a round stuck, etc. it seems like it would be useless. And as far as a "Hostile situation" you could run 2K rd thru your gun in a 3 day period and not sweat you bore at all. That's the least critical part to clean anyhow. You should be more concerend with a clean chamber and a clean bolt and carrier...

with a chrome lined bore (or even without one) the barrel can run a lot of rounds down range without effecting your performance or accuracy.  never saw a need for a boresnake. Always thought it was a marketing Hype thing as I see it in a very limited use role for what it does. JMHO..
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I use them after a range shoot while the barrel is still hot prior to packing the firearm away. That way I dont feel so guilty if I don't get to the full clean right away when I get home.
IMO...Boresnakes should not be used in place of a good strip and clean...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top