Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 6:34:29 PM EST
How many of you use a bore snake to clean your AR-15. It seems like a good fast way to do the job. Or is it a short cut that should not be taken?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:36:57 PM EST
I'm very happy with boresnakes. I think they're the best thing since sliced bread[^]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:40:48 PM EST
The boresnake is great because it is fast and convenient. I save it for just range use, though. I keep an Otis kit for thorough cleanings. The boresnake makes a great complement for a full cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:39:36 PM EST
I love my boresnake. It makes the trip to the range much better. Great invention. I have one for my Mosin-nagant as well. Get one, you wont regret it. Austin
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:19:37 PM EST
Yep, great invention. Just be sure to get the one w/ the bronze bristles woven into it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:41:05 AM EST
I just got my .22 bore snake yesterday. Works great. Fired about 160 rounds and a couple passes with the boresnake and the bore is shiny again. Been using the .30 bore snake a lot in Mosin Nagant, Garands, AK's, and a .308 Mauser action. Makes cleaning a lot easier.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:51:38 AM EST
I like a boresnake for a quick pass at the range. I use my Dewey rod when I get home for a thorough cleaning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:15:15 AM EST
Bore-Snakes are great for a quickie clean at the range. If you run a patch thru the firearm after you use the bore-snake you will see a lot of residue left in the barrel. Used one for my 10-22 for years and could not figure out why the accuracy went out the window. Cleaned the rifle the old fashion way and its back on where I like it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:18:12 AM EST
It's a quick way to remove a little bit of crap from the barrel. To remove the copper fouling, etc. you have to clean it properly. As the saying goes, there ain't no free lunch!
Top Top