Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:28 PM EDT
Any thoughts on using BoreSnake for your AR? Model Number 24011 for .223.
Second post...I'm rolling now!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Works great.  A little CLP and a couple pulls through the bore, and you are done.  You might want to use a chamber brush too, though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I love em, don't skip the chamber bruh though.  About every third cleaning I really GI it, with GI ools, but I think it might be more for nostalgia.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I use one from time to time.  I think it's OK for a "quickie", but I don't think it really replaces the old fashion cleaning rod and brushes.  They are convienent to throw in the range bag, and clean up pretty well in the washing machine (just tie it up in an old pillow case).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
A Boresnake is a must for any AR owner
I sent a couple to a friend over in the "Sandbox"
for his M4 and got tons of requests for them.

Just one pull through the bore does the work of alot of patches.
You can clean/rinse it our in a sink/garden hosewhen it gets dirty
- let it air dry out and roll it back up.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and it rules.

I run a patch through soaked with Hoppes Elite Bore Gel, let it sit for 5 minutes, then run the snake through, and it pulls out all kinds of stuff.

Naturally it would be better than patches because it has more surface area and a textured surface, as well as the two bronze bristle areas.

I've tested on two different AR uppers patches versus bore snake, and the snake wins. It cleans better and is much easier to use. Whether you are doing heavy duty cleaning or light cleaning, it is the best.

- rem

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Solvent soaked brush first..

Then boresnake with CLP on it.

Works great.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Patch Worm, I don't have to bother running a smelly. solvent soaked piece of fabric through the same washing machine my wife washes her panties in.  Think about it, unless you like that smell!

http://patchworm.com/index.htm

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
That's why you should run the machine with nothing but soap and bleach every once in a while anyway. To clean out anything that hasn't been rinsed out of the machine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been using a boresnake on all my rifles for a while now. They work awesome!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI they fit in a Tango Down FVG ! just twist it up tight and push it in.hat
                Invisiblesoul
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top