Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2004 7:12:46 AM EDT
I really like the prices.  Anybody use one?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny, when I asked this very same question several mounths ago, I got no reply.  But to answer your question, they are nice slings.  I have one on my 20" AR15 and really like it.  It is simple and easy to use.  The only drawback might be the way the release tab is held on the strap - with the sew on piece of cloth(?).  But mine has held out great.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The last time I remember this question being asked there were numerous replies.

The Boonie Packer is an excellent sling considering the age of the design, but slings from The Wilderness and CQB Solutions are more advanced designs using higher quality materials.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Isreali slings. They are very similar and inexpensive. I have an old Boonie Packer around somewhere. The only problem with two point slings is that they make transitioning to your pistol a little more difficult.

www.israelmilitary.com/product_info.php/products_id/547
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Since it came up........
I bought a BP sling out of a gun shop's "junk box" a few years ago, but have not used it.  Since I have no instructions, how does it attach?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been using a Booniepacker tactical sling for a few years and it hasn't failed yet.
I believe mine is a BP-43 for a carbine. allows high low carry and functions as a single point sling if desired. Mine works fine and still even looks good!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I made a   "2 point" sling out of some (CQB solutions) OD SPECTER gear material when they still sold raw materials.  It works so far, nothing fancy. K.I.S.S   I am not one of the pros but this will do until i make my mind for a professional job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Boonie Packer 2P-basic, which I'm exchanging for the M4 rear converter.  I like it so far!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top