Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/18/2004 7:14:08 PM EST
Have a problem with the function check. I charge it, pull the trigger, hold it and then charge again. When I release the charging handle, the bolt carrer will hang up midway to battery. What would cause this?

This is a new build, my first. Never built one before so I don't know why it would do this. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:30:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:34:12 AM EST
I agree with Tweak but would offer that the reason the hammer is engaging the firing pin is the problem that needs to be corrected. From the description of the problem sounds as if the disconnector (or secondary sear if you prefer) is not engaging when the bolt is cycled with the trigger held back. To check I would suggest separating the lower and then:

With your thumb on the hammer press and hold the trigger and ease the hammer forward.

With the trigger held back, attempt to cock the hammer.

If the hammer does not cock, the disconnector is not engaging. If this is the case the problem may be timing, wear, improper assembly, missing fcg parts, etc.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:35:38 AM EST
Thanks guys. I forgot to put in the disconnector spring when I put the FC group together. This is my first build and I forgot to put it in. Everything works now. Thanks again.
Top Top