Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:37:41 AM EDT
(I did a search and wasn’t able to find anything.)

While cleaning my AR after a trip to the range this weekend I noticed that the bolt cam pin showed some wear. My biggest concern is a shallow crease around the entire pin that exactly matches the bolt. In fact the pin was a little hard to remove, but I got it out with finger pressure so it wasn’t really stuck.

The pin doesn’t look cracked or anything. The groove is easy to see but its very shallow. Unfortunately I don’t have any way to post a picture.

Ammunition used was a mix of stuff including Lake City XM193, Q3131, Federal American Eagle, Wolf 62gr Polymer, and WWB 55gr. (I was testing to see what worked best.) I fired about 250 rounds total and didn’t have a single hiccup the entire day.

The rifle is a Colt Sporter 16” that was made in the early 90s. Despite the rifle’s age it only had about 1,000 rounds or so through it. (I don’t get to the range nearly enough.)

Is this more or less normal, or is it something to be concerned with? I’m fairly sure that it would be a really bad thing to have that pin break off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like "normal" wear pattern to me.

Mike

ps - I have seen some pretty beat up ones in FA rifles and never seen a broken cam pin

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is like that also. I think it's normal
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top