Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2017 2:29:07 AM EDT
Not sure if there is an answer for this or not, buuuuuut.....  Why do we hear about bolt bounce being a problem with a 9mm buffer in a 5.56 gun, but it's GTG in a 9mm gun?  Wouldn't it bounce either way?  Is the spring different or something?  

I have a 9mm buffer in my M4gery right now.  It smooths it out.  I like the recoil impulse.  Someone on here a LONG time ago ran one and was fine with it.  But I always have it in the back of my mind I should get an H3 because of bolt bounce.  My gun runs fine, it cycles everything and I think the gas port is on the generous side.  Only wolf steel crap starts to eject at 4 oclock.  The rest is 2 oclock or even 1 oclcock.  It has never malf'd once with any buffer I've had.  Which was either a CAR or 9mm.  I've thought about getting an H2 also, just because that's what the military spec is.  My guess is the gas port is larger than military spec though.  So I don't mind a heavier buffer.  

I have the RRA buffer that the face of it moves a little bit.  Not a complete solid one.  Which I guess there is a distinction between the two?  Not really sure about that though.  

Thanks for listening.  Interested in hearing what you guys have to say.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top