Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 10:54:11 AM EDT
Who is making the best for the money and reliablity, bolts and carriers? Also, can someone tell me who makes White Oak's barrels, specifically stainless match grade? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe they use Wilson barrels that have been profiled and chambered by Frank White at Compass Lake in Florida.  I use White Oak barrels a lot.  If you do everything else right on your rifle build the difference between the White Oak barrel and a Krieger is 1/2" groups under ideal conditions versus 1/4" groups, again under ideal conditions.  If you shoot high master scores in the high power game you can appreciate the difference (3-5 points in a 600 point match).

I believe the chamber is basically a Wylde design.

Myself or my son shoot a service rifle match barrel, an SPR barrel and a 16" recce barrel.  The recce and the SPR are in Iraq as I write this.  

These barrels clean up well, and our three have proved to be very accurate.

I hope this feedback helps your decision making process.
Good luck,
lawndart
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is making the best for the money and reliablity, bolts and carriers? Also, can someone tell me who makes White Oak's barrels, specifically stainless match grade? Any help would be appreciated.

I would try and stay with a MP tested bolt. To date, only LMT, Colt and CMT (STAG) make them.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Smith Ent MP tests as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would try and stay with a MP tested bolt. To date, only LMT, Colt and CMT (STAG) make them.

C4
www.GRTactical.com

Smith Ent MP tests as well.

That's good to know, thanks Capn'.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The little write up on Brownell's web page describes the Smith bolt as being magnetic particle inspected, no mention of proof firing, which is the P in MP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top