Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2010 8:57:11 PM EDT

Last year I purchased the Adams Arms gas piston system for my AR.  The installation went very smooth based on their directions and the system worked perfect the first time I took it out.  The only issue I had was that the bolt carrier was creating a nice "divot" (golf term for a bit of the grass/dirt being torn with your swing) in my buffer tube.  The system I bought (through a group buy with ARFCOM) did not include the Adams Arms bolt carrier.  I don't begrudge Adams Arms for the problem.  But, I did not want to spend another $140.00 plus shipping and that's when I found Firearm Ready Solutions at http://www.shop.firearmreadysolutions.com.  They have a less expensive but very ingenious buffer that is cut to fit inside the buffer end of your bolt carrier to hold it steady (NO TILT) during travel.  This way, you save almost 1/2 the price of the Adams Arms bolt carrier...enough to buy several hundred rounds...and get a high quality product made by a master craftsman (not me, I just like the product and the savings and you folks should know about this product and think Seth is a genius).

Look at the web site and decide for yourself if this is THE SOLUTION for carrier tilt in gas piston systems.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like you are advertising for them. please post pics of before and after as well as install instructions.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
All I could find on the site were buffer assemblies.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Slash here on ar15.com also makes similar buffers.

Give him a shout, I've used alot of his stuff and it's all top notch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#4]

It's unnecessary unless someone has a bad case of wear. Most people don't with Adams kit these days since all kits now come with a one piece, machined key, skidded carrier. If someone has an old kit with the replacement key that they used to modify a standard DI carrier, I suggest they call Adams about replacement instead of spending money elsewhere first. These type of buffers leave you with the need to remove the upper from the lower to get to the receiver and bcg for cleaning.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT I'm curious if anyone has any expierience with these I was thinking of buying one for my KAC/LMT MRP piston gun. sounds like good insurance and I wonder will these stop the wear in the buffer tube completely?
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
come on guys no feedback? someone must be using this
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the FRS buffer. It's the real deal - works as advertised - ends carrier tilt. The guy that mills them is really meticulous about his work. I was pleased to find my initials stamped into the buffer face - pretty cool.

One tip to the owner of FRS. The site really lacks close-up pics of the product. Even though it's a great product, that issue needs to be addressed for people to feel comfortable about spending $90 on something.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I'm def gonna try one of these out. I guess now the descision is th anti tilt from firearm ready soloutions or heavy buffers from Slash. What's everyones opinion?
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe I missed something but where do they say it's an anti-tilt buffer for piston systems? The pictures are very poor quality, you can't see anything.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps I'll order one when I experience some of the dreaded carrier tilt...and at 3 posts why even pretend to be anything other than an advertisement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Stag Arms fixed that issue as part of their design, that's part of the reason I went with the 8L rather than a conversion,although the adams conversion seems to be the best of them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I plan on ordering one of these notched buffers pretty soon for. It just seems to make sense. I wish I would have thought of it. lol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Perhaps I'll order one when I experience some of the dreaded carrier tilt...and at 3 posts why even pretend to be anything other than an advertisement.

Troll/shill accounts are cheaper than dealer accounts.

Right on brother, and at 2 posts too...
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#16]
That buffer looks like a real good option.  I am so pissed at adams arms about the new kits includuing the machined one piece bolt carrier.   I called them the other day to see what the deal with them was and the guy said I could buy one from there store for $145.  well, I bought the adams arms kit when it had just come out and cost about $500.  Now the new kits cost less and come with the one piece carrier.  If I went out and bought there carrier my piston kit would cost about $650 dollars.  I am one of the people that helped get this young company off the ground by taking a risk in a new system.  My current setup has very bad carrier tilt also.  Maybe I am not seeing it the right way, but it just doesn't sound right to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top