Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2008 2:51:24 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to build up an AR pistol based on
a Rock River complete pistol lower receiver assembly.

Is there anything special I need to know about when
looking for a bolt carrier group for  a 7.5" barreled
upper?

I did see that LMT lists most of their BCGs as needing
a minimum 14.5" barrel.

Also any recommendations on manufacturers and
places to look for a quality BCG?  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run a full auto stag/cmt in mine without hardly a hitch...it's all about timing and weight...which directly reflects back to what kind of spring/buffer/bcg you may be using at the time.  See what RRA suggest's and go from there, I was lucky enough to have several different set's of parts laying around that I could play with to try to determine the best set up for mine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
m16 BCG ? not the civi ar-15 BCG ?
i was under the impression that any full auto part in an AR rifle/pistol would be a big no-no in the eyes of the batf for those of us non-nfa / class III . ( correct me if im wrong ) the reason i bring this up is i have a pistol upper on order from ya'll and am not wanting any parts which would cause conflict with my schedule over the next 10 years ...

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i'll e-mail ya'll about the order, i'd rather have the AR type BCG, not the m16 BCG. im not positive about the law, so i'd rather play it safe.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
m16 BCG ? not the civi ar-15 BCG ?
i was under the impression that any full auto part in an AR rifle/pistol would be a big no-no in the eyes of the batf for those of us non-nfa / class III . ( correct me if im wrong ) the reason i bring this up is i have a pistol upper on order from ya'll and am not wanting any parts which would cause conflict with my schedule over the next 10 years ...

Its ok to run the M16 BCG but no other parts.

+1...nothing in the lower can be M16
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I run M16 BCG's in all of ours.

What buffer tube and buffer do you pair with that?    My buddy and I are putting in an order for our lowers tomorrow   Can't wait!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top