Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 2:13:49 PM EDT
Can anybody confirm that a blue label Colt AR has a large hole upper or a small??? Getting ready to buy one but my Blue Book says that the Blue label Colts should have a small hole upper. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was large front pin R6601, sold it.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind me asking, What did you get for it??? I am about to buy one like that 99% with the original box and access. for $850. Good deal or bad???
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Some Blue Label guns had large front takedown pins while some had milspec front takedown pins.  Additionally, some of the milspec front takedown pin guns were factory drilled for the detent and spring, while others were not.  The Blue Lable guns that have a large front takedown pin should have a lower with A2 reinforcements front and rear and a magazine fence, but with the leading edge of the fence milled back to allow for the larger takedown pin.  

My blue label is a 6551 (Sporter Target model) with a small milspec pushpin, factory drilled for the detent/spring (but without it factory installed) and a sear block pinned only on the right side.  

There may have been some Blue Label slab-side guns, but that is beyond the scope of my knowledge on the subject.

ETA: that is a great price on the rifle....enjoy it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a 6601 HBAR that had the fence around the mag catch but a 2 screw pin it was large.Later ones had a standard pushpin.Even older ones that had normal size fire control parts could sometimes be large or small hole.Best way to see is to take out the pin or push it out if its captive and see if the rear take down pins diameter fits the hole.Only the front pins had the different sizes while the rear is standard and although not the same as the front pin its a standard rear take down sized pin.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a great price on that rifle---suggest that you grab it ASAP.

Concur with what others have said, Blue Labels can be large or small pivot pin.  While most prefer the small pivot pin, I don't know that it really matters----adaptor pins are readily available-----and lowers have gotten so inexpensive, that it's not so common to be switching uppers bt. a single lower anymore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Good price I'll take it, if you decide you don't want it................
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, What did you get for it??? I am about to buy one like that 99% with the original box and access. for $850. Good deal or bad???

I was offered $900 and took it for the rifle and everything it came new with, plus some mags and ammo thrown in. Less than 50 down the tube.

Danny

ETA: mine had sear block, large FCG pins, no bayo lug, A2 Flash suppressor (removable) and as mentioned earlier the large front pivot pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top