Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 12:14:45 AM EDT
I picked up a tube of blue wonder today at sportsmans warehouse today and gave it a try. This stuff is really great!

It is a bit thicker than most bore scrubbers, so it sticks to a brass brush very well.

15 total passes through the bore (10 brush & 5 patches) and my AR is squeaky clean!

The last patch came through white as snow.

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Slip 2000 carbon Cutter...This stuff cuts lead and carbon on contact and after 2 or 3 passes you follow whith their Slip 2000 Lube. I am done in  just a couple of minutes. The Lube is a CLP so it also cleans and then when you shoot next time it helps to keep lead, copper and carbon from sticking again.  The best part is they will send you free samples to try.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
new2ars-

Remeber that Blue Wonder is only a cleaner, not a lube, it doesn't try to masquerade as both. After cleaning you need to go over the cleaned surfaces with a light coat of oil, and then one oiled, one dry patch in the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
new2ars-

Remeber that Blue Wonder is only a cleaner, not a lube, it doesn't try to masquerade as both. After cleaning you need to go over the cleaned surfaces with a light coat of oil, and then one oiled, one dry patch in the barrel.
View Quote

Did that. Thanks!

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top