Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 8:10:39 PM EDT
I am now the happy owner a hardly used Colt Blue Label preban.  My question is concerning how tight the mag well is.  The 20 rnd mag it came with fits good and drops free but my two (2) Okay 30 rounders fit pretty tight and don't drop free and my six (6) Thermolds are the same way.  I've adjusted the mag catch out as far as it will go and they're still tight.  They are not tight at first only towards the end after the mag catch.  What could be causing this?  Too much finish in the well.  Out of spec mag well?  Has anyone else experienced this?  What can I do about it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I suppose you could first get one of your AR's that work o.k. with the mags you have.  Then measure the top and bottom of the mag will opening to see if is the same, or if it tighter, or tapers too much.  Next, (or maybe first), mesure the mags that work and then measure the ones that don't and see if they spec the same.  It's either one or t' other.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Your mags are the ones out of spec. 20 rounders hardly puff or expand.. 30 rndrs do expand and sometimes its good to squish them with your hand kinda pinch them.....back in to shape....I have negver had a thermold drop free. ever...were talking colt bush asa and dpms rifles that why I dont buy them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top