Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:57:42 AM EDT
I got a blank adaptor today and was planning on using it on my DPMS 16".  Will a blank adaptor work on a 16" barrel as long as it fits on the end?  I have an A2 flash supp.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The military uses a diffrent BFA for the 14.5" rifles (it is yellow instead of red)  I do not know why.  I would bet the red ones will work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
the m4 (yellow) has a larger hole to let more of the gas exscape since it is a shorter gas system. the A2 has a .063 hole and the m4 has a i think around a .090 hole.   the red one should work fine on a 16"
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It works ok. It would fully cycle sometimes. It would ftf about half the time.  It's sure not as loud as regular ammo.  I took out the BFA and ran some of the Wal-mart UMC stuff I got this morning.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]
it would failure to fire?  Explain the malfunctions your haveing?  you should not be having that many malfunctions.  sometimes the tip of the blank round digs into the feedramps and jams up.  this is where m4 ramps would come in handy.  

What color is your BFA?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
It's red.  It would usually not feed the next cartrige.  It would eject the old one.  One just kinda got about halfway in.  It was sort of a stove pipe.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
put a cigarette butt in first, then put the bland adapter on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 to the cigarrette butt.  It's probably allowing too much gas to escape causeing short stroking.  Also makie sure it's on tight.  If they aren't extremely tight, they often leak enough to not recock.  The yellow BFA would probably cause constant failures since it's designed to allow even more gas to escape.  The 16 inch barrel is probably in the middle of the two in regards to how much gas it takes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Why does anyone want to fire blanks? When I was in the Army I hated firing blanks because they made the weapon filthy. Just curious...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why does anyone want to fire blanks? When I was in the Army I hated firing blanks because they made the weapon filthy. Just curious...

I hated shooting blanks also, but find that they are fun now because you can recreate your favorite gun battles with friends and make cheesy home movies.

Blanks aren't that bad... but screw the GI blanks, Google Swanson Hollywood Blanks and use those. DON'T USE THE GI BFA WITH THESE! Buy the hot blank adapter from Swanson. Louder, more flame and cleaner.

ETA, if your using the GI BFA with GI M200 blanks remove the flash suppressor and clean the crud off of your muzzle, re-attach the flash suppressor and the BFA, it should work now. There is a lot of crud on your muzzle that will not allow the BFA to seal correctly.

I took my FA off yesterday and found all kinds of carbon and copper that made a little mound on the muzzle. But dont scrape the muzzle with metal, use a brass/bronze brush and your favorite cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 on the "holly wood" BFA. I came into possession of a round 4k of USGI blanks which I decided to use. The USGI BFA is extremely ungratifying, whereas the "holly wood" BFA installs under your FH and functions much better and looks much more authentic, especially if you used "holly wood" blanks. I loaded up a magazine and had at it....I guess it has some training implications, but it was just something cool to do in my garage. Please keep in mind, blanks do fire projectiles which could cause serious injury or death. USGI blanks will expell pieces of carbon from the round or the weapon at high velocity and could seriously injure somebody. Anyone who has ever been hit by a chunk of carbon from a team-mates FH while in a shoot house can attest to the danger potential.
Anyways, "holly wood" BFA's are much more fun/realistic. And don't be one of the noob's that fires thier cleaning rod out of thier barrel using blanks....Now, if I could only figure out what to do with the rest of the 3970 blanks I have left.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top