Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 2:34:14 PM EDT
Saw for sale "new" 30rd Ruger Mini-14 mags.  Not in a box or wrapper.

These have the correct construction and body stamp (Ruger and circle R for trademark,) but the floorplates are blank.

Other 30 rounders I have seen have the correct floorplate.  Were these a "last minute" production?  Or something else entirely?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't think Ruger made any high cap mags for the Mini 14. Ruger was the one credited with coming up with the idea of limiting magazine capacity (a la the AWB) in the first place.

I could be wrong about that though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello!

Thanks for the thoughts.

1.  Ruger did make 20 and 30 round mags for these.  My understanding is that they were "intended" for LEO, but plenty ended up on the regular market.  Of course marked with no restrictions pre 1994.  Are they still even made for LEO?

2.  I don't think Ruger "came up with" the idea, but apparently one of the upper mgmt was quoted as saying something like "no one needs more than 10 rounds."  I don't like what the statement did politically, but honestly that's not an insane statement IMO.

3.  Does anyone know where the LE people hang out on the boards here?  I bet they'd have the best guess.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top