Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2005 2:32:17 AM EDT
We had a discussion a few months back about what weapons and optics were employed by the Rangers and Delta Force during operations in Somalia. I’ve seen the pics in the book Blackhawk Down and a few others online, but never before have I seen this pic.

I recently purchased Novalogics Delta Force: Blackhawk Down PC game and in the .PDF manual was a brief description of events and some history on the Rangers, Delta Force and the 160th SOAR. Along with info on the Rangers, was this pic of a soldier holding an A2 carbine with what appears to be a red dot optic.

Is this the version of  Aimpoint that was used at that time? If so, what model is it and does anyone have better pics or more info?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup..... Aimpoint 3000, no longer made.

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

Since these are no longer available I may consider going with the Aimpoint 7000SC for my 80's/90's retro CAR build. The 7000SC has the basic look as the 3000 and with the 7000SC price tag at about $300 you can't beat it!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top