Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2015 6:51:15 PM EDT
Anybody know much about Black Rain Ordinance's Nickel Boron coated BCG's?  I'm thinking about one for my build, since Rainier Arms is out of stock on theirs.
I've heard of some people having fitment issues between the bold and barrel, with NiB coated bolts.  I have a RA bbl and figured if my bolt and bbl are the same brand, they can't
blame each other if there is a fitment issue
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody know much about Black Rain Ordinance's Nickel Boron coated BCG's?  I'm thinking about one for my build, since Rainier Arms is out of stock on theirs.
I've heard of some people having fitment issues between the bold and barrel, with NiB coated bolts.  I have a RA bbl and figured if my bolt and bbl are the same brand, they blame each other if there is a fitment issue
View Quote

I am a bit confused about the last part. Are you saying BRO makes Rainier barrels?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I have a Rainier bbl and would already have their BCG if it was in stock.  I'm considering a BRO as an alternative the RA BCG because they are in stock.
Sorry if I didn't word that very well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not heard of anybody having fitment issues with the quality NiB BCGs.  There have been a few rumors of some poor quality BCGs being out of spec once the coating is piled on.

I have a couple of WMDs, one in a Noveske stainless barrel, and the other in a BCM that have not had a single issue, FWIW.  Then again, I am not one to go out of my way to advocated for NiB.  Regular BCGs were pretty damn good for me, too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You're using quality pieces, you might consider a Young National Match or Cryptic Toolcraft NiB.  The WMD is a solid suggestion as well.

http://youngmanufacturing.net/bolts-and-carriers/carriers/complete/ym-national-match-bolt-carrier-complete-chrome-only.html

http://www.crypticcoatings.com/coated-bolt-carrier-group/

I just linked their home pages...  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking for a good budget option, the AIM units are GTG.  I just got one of their nitrided groups and am quite happy.  Have run their NiB as well, and no flies there either.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#6]
After doing some googling, I'm thinking Toolcraft/CC may be the way to go, unless anybody has reason to disagree with that assessment???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top