Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 9:38:50 PM EDT
I just got a box of Black Hills 55gr. .223 at the local gunstore today.

When I got it home and open it up, I noticed that it had the NATO headstamp as well as LC, 02.  For my limited experience in reading headstamps, this would indicate to me that is was Lake City M193 ammo loaded in 2002.

Since I know that can't be the case, I'm thinking that its more likely that Black Hills bought surplus brass from Lake City for their production runs.

Am I on the right track or did I really end up for Lake City M193 ammo from 2002?

Thanks,

-Frank
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Hills blue box uses reloaded components.

It's just Lake City brass reloaded by Black Hills.

Great ammo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
st got a box of Black Hills 55gr. .223 at the local gunstore today.

When I got it home and open it up, I noticed that it had the NATO headstamp as well as LC, 02.  For my limited experience in reading headstamps, this would indicate to me that is was Lake City M193 ammo loaded in 2002.

Since I know that can't be the case, I'm thinking that its more likely that Black Hills bought surplus brass from Lake City for their production runs.

-Frank

Why can't that be the case?  I assume the LC plant is producing 2004 headstamp ammo today.  I am sure that the 2002 brass would have gotten to the Black Hills Blue Box line by now.

You do know that 'blue box' ammo is reloads don't you?  Notice the primer crimp has been fully removed and the primer is most likely to be silver instead of copper colored.

Black Hills is good ammo.  Have a blast!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, how is it shooting ?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top