Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 6:18:58 PM EDT
What is it, and which do I want for my mall ninja stockpile?  Which has a cannelure, sealed primers, etc?  Midways lists both 75gr and 77gr loadings for 223.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You want the 75 gr, provided your rifle's twist rate is fast enough to stabilize bullets that heavy.

I am holding in my hand a box of Black Hills red box (new manufactured) ammo and it uses bullets with cannelures and the primers are sealed. I don't have any blue box on me right now to compare, but I think it does too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they crimped?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no need to be crimped as they are only .223 pressure.  Blue Box used to use non cannelured bullets but now uses cannelured bullets.  Blue box does not have sealed primers.  Neither red nor blue has sealed bullets.  Blue box is reloaded Lake City once fired brass.  Red box is new Black Hills brass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  Is the blue box good stuff, then?  I can get a decent deal on it at Midway.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes its good stuff... equal to the Red Box other than the brass and primer seal so I use it for shooting at 100+ yards and its loaded in my defense mags at the moment.  I get mine from a friend who sells to me cheap so I dunno about Midway.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top