Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 6:45:02 PM EDT
I know this has been asked before...but couldn't find anyting in a search...

What or is, there a difference in accuracy with the B H ammo, new vs. remanufactured?

Looking at the 69-77 grainers for Keiger 20" barrel.  Is there any difference between them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you are going to use it for, if you are talking about ranges of 100 yds or less the difference would be neglible, 200 yds plus the new would be the better choice for serious shooting.

If you are just playing get the reloaded.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
According to Jeff Hoffman of BH, there is no difference in the powder charge or bullets, so there should be no difference in accuracy.  The blue box is loaded in once fired military cases.  If you are really worried about it, sort the blue by headstamp.  

I have gotten sub half MOA groups with the blue box 77 SMK's.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used Black Hills for years and their blue box 223 outperforms most factory or surplus due to the exacting process Jeff uses..they are all sized and trimmed to length and loaded on automated machines.  Their 52 match HP out shoots factory federal match ammo.
Black Hills has set the standard in reman 223 ammo. All bright and shinny too !
georgia arms has it on line with freight prepaid !
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top