Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2004 6:18:17 AM EDT
Just recieved my order of Black Hills 77gr Match .223,and cant wait to pop some off---
I was wondering if there was any shooters out there that have tried them out of a 24" 1-8 barrel.
If so,how are they,how accurate are they,are they consistant,etc....
Ive read positive articles on Black Hills ammo
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just recieved my order of Black Hills 77gr Match .223,and cant wait to pop some off---
I was wondering if there was any shooters out there that have tried them out of a 24" 1-8 barrel.
If so,how are they,how accurate are they,are they consistant,etc....
Ive read positive articles on Black Hills ammo

Oh well-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------maybe next time
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, we sure want to know what you find. btw, what have you got with a 1/8?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it all the time in my 1/8 24 ss upper.  I can put 4 shots in .5 in at 100 yards off bipod and 10 shots in 1.2 at 100 yards off bipod.  Thats with me and a 2 stage trigger and I'm not a very good marksman.  I don't have access to anything over 100 yards so I'm not sure but I get the same results every time I go and I know the wind has picked up several of those times.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe you're the first.  Why not try some out and post a range report?  It might encourage others to try the same ammo (or encourage them to buy something else, depending on the report).

-Troy

That sounds like a great idea Troy,Ill get out sometime this week and try them out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use it all the time in my 1/8 24 ss upper.  I can put 4 shots in .5 in at 100 yards off bipod and 10 shots in 1.2 at 100 yards off bipod.  Thats with me and a 2 stage trigger and I'm not a very good marksman.  I don't have access to anything over 100 yards so I'm not sure but I get the same results every time I go and I know the wind has picked up several of those times.  

Thanks for the info,I too also have a 2 stage trigger,hepls a hole lot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe you're the first.  Why not try some out and post a range report?  It might encourage others to try the same ammo (or encourage them to buy something else, depending on the report).

-Troy

That sounds like a great idea Troy,Ill get out sometime this week and try them out.

Whoot!  That would be excellent.  24" data on the 77 would be a good thing to have.

Also there is a guide to range reports on the Oracle.

Q. How do I make a professional looking/sounding range/ammo report of some ammo I liked/hated?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top