Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 5:18:17 AM EST
Just recieved my order of Black Hills 77gr Match .223,and cant wait to pop some off---
I was wondering if there was any shooters out there that have tried them out of a 24" 1-8 barrel.
If so,how are they,how accurate are they,are they consistant,etc....
Ive read positive articles on Black Hills ammo
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:56:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By eddiesar15:
Just recieved my order of Black Hills 77gr Match .223,and cant wait to pop some off---
I was wondering if there was any shooters out there that have tried them out of a 24" 1-8 barrel.
If so,how are they,how accurate are they,are they consistant,etc....
Ive read positive articles on Black Hills ammo

Oh well-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------maybe next time
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:09:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:47:02 PM EST
Yes, we sure want to know what you find. btw, what have you got with a 1/8?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:42:25 PM EST
I use it all the time in my 1/8 24 ss upper. I can put 4 shots in .5 in at 100 yards off bipod and 10 shots in 1.2 at 100 yards off bipod. Thats with me and a 2 stage trigger and I'm not a very good marksman. I don't have access to anything over 100 yards so I'm not sure but I get the same results every time I go and I know the wind has picked up several of those times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:40:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:
Maybe you're the first. Why not try some out and post a range report? It might encourage others to try the same ammo (or encourage them to buy something else, depending on the report).

-Troy

That sounds like a great idea Troy,Ill get out sometime this week and try them out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:43:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By STEEL1212:
I use it all the time in my 1/8 24 ss upper. I can put 4 shots in .5 in at 100 yards off bipod and 10 shots in 1.2 at 100 yards off bipod. Thats with me and a 2 stage trigger and I'm not a very good marksman. I don't have access to anything over 100 yards so I'm not sure but I get the same results every time I go and I know the wind has picked up several of those times.

Thanks for the info,I too also have a 2 stage trigger,hepls a hole lot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:13:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/10/2004 9:14:43 AM EST by tatjana]

Originally Posted By eddiesar15:

Originally Posted By Troy:
Maybe you're the first. Why not try some out and post a range report? It might encourage others to try the same ammo (or encourage them to buy something else, depending on the report).

-Troy

That sounds like a great idea Troy,Ill get out sometime this week and try them out.

Whoot! That would be excellent. 24" data on the 77 would be a good thing to have.

Also there is a guide to range reports on the Oracle.

Q. How do I make a professional looking/sounding range/ammo report of some ammo I liked/hated?
Top Top