Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2003 9:41:41 AM EDT
Is black hill Blue box 55gr FMJ any good? I just got 1200rds for $176.00.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with this ammo but it appears to me that you got a decent deal based on the fact that Georgia Precision is selling that stuff for $118 per 500 rounds.  Apparently, the blue boxed ammo is remanufactured and considered decent.  Do you mind if I ask where you purchased it?

Thanks!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I got it at Gander Mountain. They have a special right now buy 2 boxes get the 3 free on centerfire ammo.
Limit of 12. So I needed to get my brother to stand inline and buy 12 also.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Drivie,
As Re-Man goes,there is no better than Black Hills.
Hate to say it but Black Hills Blue Box is often BETTER than most non-Reman ammo in some regards.

Clean burning,accurate,and unless the 2 Chrongraphs are conspiring,more consistant than some match loads I have tried.

I have 2 rifles that shoot Blue box better than Factory new in the same category across the board.

I also have a rather large number of M4's in my care that shoot it better than our high end duty load.Though terminally there is some differences.

For blasting/plinking and informal target work ya did just Peachy!

Color me jealous.
S-28

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have put more Black Hills blue box 55gr FMJ and 52gr JHP-Match through my AR's than anyother brand.  I would estimate Ive bought 20 cases over the last 6 years.  Its consistantly clean, reliable and VERY accurate.  Its my practice ammo of choice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Any recommendations on where to get 1000 rds of Black Hills blue box for a good price??
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top