Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 8:41:41 AM EST
Is black hill Blue box 55gr FMJ any good? I just got 1200rds for $176.00.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:53:27 AM EST
I have no experience with this ammo but it appears to me that you got a decent deal based on the fact that Georgia Precision is selling that stuff for $118 per 500 rounds. Apparently, the blue boxed ammo is remanufactured and considered decent. Do you mind if I ask where you purchased it? Thanks! Drivie
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:01:53 AM EST
I got it at Gander Mountain. They have a special right now buy 2 boxes get the 3 free on centerfire ammo. Limit of 12. So I needed to get my brother to stand inline and buy 12 also.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:39:25 PM EST
Drivie, As Re-Man goes,there is no better than Black Hills. Hate to say it but Black Hills Blue Box is often BETTER than most non-Reman ammo in some regards. Clean burning,accurate,and unless the 2 Chrongraphs are conspiring,more consistant than some match loads I have tried. I have 2 rifles that shoot Blue box better than Factory new in the same category across the board. I also have a rather large number of M4's in my care that shoot it better than our high end duty load.Though terminally there is some differences. For blasting/plinking and informal target work ya did just Peachy! Color me jealous. S-28
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:09:50 PM EST
I have put more Black Hills blue box 55gr FMJ and 52gr JHP-Match through my AR's than anyother brand. I would estimate Ive bought 20 cases over the last 6 years. Its consistantly clean, reliable and VERY accurate. Its my practice ammo of choice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:48:11 AM EST
Any recommendations on where to get 1000 rds of Black Hills blue box for a good price??
Top Top