Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 5:47:45 AM EDT
I was looking for oil and couldn't find any si I just put a little Sheath on my bolt (I usually put a very very thin layer of something there in an effort to make cleaning caked on carbon easier).

then

I shot about 80rds through my Ar and didn't clean it because I was going hunting and wanted a dry bore.

About a week later (I cleaned it, again using sheath because it had rained all day and my ar was in danger of rusting.) so I pulled the Bolt (it is a chrome bolt but believe me this is not usuall) and as usuall there was the ring of caked on carbon fouling on the bolt, so I put some sheath on it. then I began to scrub it (thinking it would be taking me at least 5 minutes with a firing pin scrapeing this to get it off, and what do you know? with just some sheath and about 10 seconds of wiping with an Outers nylon patch the bolt was clean.

normally 5 minutes of scraping the carbon off with a firing pin and brass brush would have been in order.

The sheath just melts carbon fouling away, the inside of the bolt carrier cleaned without a carbon scraper the bore cleaned easilly. It is an outstanding product and I had it sitting on my shelf for about 2 years and never knew.

I'm no longer using FP-10 or CLP or Hoppes, i'm going to use Sheath to clean my guns and lubricate my ar (for 1911's I think a heavier oil for lubrication is better like FP10).
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using it for about 13 years. I got it originally for after-park treatment (it met the Milspec). I get it by the gallon from Brownells. Great stuff...!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top