Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:36:46 PM EDT
I like the Harris 6-9.  Are there others that are better and why so?  Thanks for the responses in advance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
i rarely use one, i prefer stuffed buttpack and sling.  thats the harris i use though.  most use that one or the longer one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I like using mine better than sandbags.  I have a GG&G bipod and I swap it out between my two ARs.  On the GG&G the mount is built right in.  No need to get anything seperate to mount on a rail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about getting a Harris Bipod and was unsure of what lenght to get the 6-9 or the 9-13 or the gravity model or the push button model any suggestions. Where did you purchase yours I looked at them on Midway USA and they were on sale for 79.99 for the swivel bipod that seems to be a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
most folks doing precision are using the 6-9 inch, I had the bigger one, and went to the 6-9".  Like it a bunch more.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Harris 6-9 series s is very good off the bench.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
harris 6-9" brms with pod-loc and notched legs
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a tango down bipod and it's really nice...  folds out of the way of a VFG and is quiet.  Too expenisve though.  It should be a hundred bucks less, but it is my favorite bipod now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
harris 6-9" brms with pod-loc and notched legs

+1.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like the Harris 6-9.  Are there others that are better and why so?  Thanks for the responses in advance.

Have you looked at the TD bipods???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm skeptical of this one.  It looks too long, or is it?  When I'm prone I get LOW (30rd mags can be too long).  How durable is it?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm skeptical of this one.  It looks too long, or is it?  When I'm prone I get LOW (30rd mags can be too long).  How durable is it?  

I think they work great with 9.0 and 12.0 rails, but they don't work all that well for me on a 7.0 rail.

Having owned Harris bipods for the last 10 years, I can say that the TD is much more durable (no springs, knobs and screws) to come loose.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I like the Versa Pod over the Harris.  It swivels and pans which I personally like.   I don't keep it on my rifle but just use it at the range.  You can use the bipod on a variety of mounts.  I have one for picatinny rails and one for a freland rail.  The newer VP models do have a two-way lock but I have not used one.

Others, however, desire a more stable bipod and so the Harris fills that bill since it does not swivel or pan.  I don't like how it "jumps" back on recoil because the legs are so stiff.  You have to reset it on the bench for just about every shot.  The VP swivels back on recoil so you can get off a few rounds before having to reset anything.

The Harris is great for stable shooting and allows for a little more accuracy, but for faster shooting (and is there any other way with an AR and a 30 rounder?) I do like the Versa Pod.

My opinion only--YMMV.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Having owned Harris bipods for the last 10 years, I can say that the TD is much more durable (no springs, knobs and screws) to come loose.

Im not saying anything bad at all about the Tango bipods, because I think they are pretty sweet. But you have owned Harris for 10 years, and you think the TD is stronger after owning it what, a couple months now? I havent owned Harris as long as you have, but I do think its too early to say the TD is stronger. They've only been available in current form for several months.

Easy, I can tell just looking at them that TD is stronger. Simple reason is that it has less parts (meaning springs, screws and other parts) to break.

I have one of the BETA TD bipods and been using it for awhile now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top