Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 3:19:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 3:22:30 PM EST by ParanoidAndroid]
Hello all, I've recently been reading ARF.com and it's proved to be a really great resource, so much so that I now am in the process of acquiring an AR15 from another member of this board (he's also on another board I frequent, you can see his posting about this in the NY/NJ hometown section).

So, the rifle I will soon have has a 20" HBAR J&T upper with normal grip. I am interested in adding a bipod to the gun as all of my previous rifle experience has been on scope/bipod equipped hunting rifles, however I'm not sure if it's a simple task to add a bipod to an AR15 without a rail system? I'm very new to this, so if this is a really stupid question I apologize.

I have found this online: www.aspitactical.com/versapod/details/ver8-50006.asp?product_id=50006 and that seems to be an appropriate adapter to attach a bipod (most likely a bipod by versa-pod to ensure it'll fit?), although I'm not 100% sure that it would work. If there are more general bipod/adapter combos that will work sans rail, I'd appreciate any links that can be provided.

Thanks to anyone for input, and sorry to have such a newbie question.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:37:06 PM EST
I have used a Harris adapter that works fine with a Harris bipod. I assume you could mount a Versa-pod to a standard sling swivel as well. They are available from ASPI and other places.

Link to Harris adapter at ASPI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:31:54 PM EST
Wow, thanks, I had seen that item before, but apparently I was unable to read the part that said it fits the standard round setup.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Top Top