Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 9:35:42 AM EDT
Here are two new muzzle device options for the big bore variants:

On the left, a muzzle brake, opened up to .458, fitted with 5/8 x 24 thread.  Due to the deep grooves, best I can tell 5/8 x 24 is about as large a thread as it will take, you MIGHT get away with 11/16 ... in its current guise, a perfect fit on a 0.75" diameter barrel.  CrMo steel.  Have not shot it so not sure how well it works.

On the right, the YHM 5C2 version, 5 slots, no bottom slot.  They come 5/8 x 24 but one should be able to open that up quite a bit.  We have opened them up to 458 without issue.  We have used these on 338 and 458 uppers.

Both are originally intended for .30 cal work

Wanted to show these three as well, they are older ones but just so folks would have an idea

SEI Vortex
Shrewd
Tromix A1

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As soon as the FH gets welded and gas block comes in from Brownells I am taking these two puppies and the .204 barrel with the MGI upper to the range - should be a fun day.  I will most definitely report how they perform!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top