Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:53:45 PM EDT
I was just wondering, does anybody know if it would be possible to rebuild an AR pistol such as the OA-93 in one of the big bore calibers such as 50 beowulf or 458 socom?  Not much in the way of practicality, but real big in the gee whiz department.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It is possible.  I have been talking with Marty about a pistol build in .458 SOCOM after the GB gets all sorted out.  I think he has done it before with barrels of 10-12 inches, I don't recall right now, but he has done them.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean like this?

This is the 16" barrel, free floated with a custom interface between the recoil spring tube and the rail on the hand gaurd.  The 10.5" version has already been commissioned, we are waiting on the customer to supply the host upper.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Madness.....but fun!  
HFG
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking of.  Nice to see that someone is actually building one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top