Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:20:19 PM EDT
How stable are bi-pods for bench rest target shooting? I recently acquired a RRA A4 Varmit upper with a 24" barrel and am have having a great time with it at the range. I am currently using sandbags to support the FF handguard; will a quality bi-pod be as stable as sandbags? I have a question about the amount of "play" at the FFHG stud and the bi-pod. Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bipod are designed for stability.  A quality one like Harris, or the GG&G, are solid and durable.  A must if your not carrying your pack to use as a rest...  I've never seen a serious modern precision rifle without one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
sand bags are more stable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
They can be extremely stable.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO a sandbag will be a bit more stable than a bipod. Having said that , the bipod gives you much more versatility than a sandbag ever could. I got a el-cheapo versi-pod on my ar15 and happen to pick it over anything else. Why? I can fold it up or take it off the gun , it weighs barely anything at all ,and its very solid when i shoot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top