Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:20:50 PM EDT
Hello all, I am new here and have just gotten my 1st AR (pics soon) I have lurked for a long time reading FAQ's and posts.
I have yet to see anything on the reports on the blended metal ammo. Some reports have made this to be the end-all in tissue damage. As a former LEO and Paramedic I have seen many GSW's of just about all types and I am looking for real info not the crap we get from the media.
Any Info?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
blackwater operative shot a guy in the ass... he died 1 shot
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
getting popcorn....

tag
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:30:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I have read. that wound unless it hit the artery (femoral) just will not do that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's the shock wave effect.  If you're within 7.36 feet when one of things goes whizzing by, then all the fluids in your body react violently and you either explode or your clothing goes into spontaneous combustion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's the shock wave effect.  If you're within 7.36 feet when one of things goes whizzing by, then all the fluids in your body react violently and you either explode or your clothing goes into spontaneous combustion.

dang
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You got it all wrong!

First, its 3.78' distance.
Second, it will suck the air out of your loungs, and you suffocate. Shees... combustion and shock...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Snarfbatt,
There is a long thread in here somewhere on that subject.  Dr. Roberts is currently engaged in another round of testing of that ammo.  His preliminary reports from the SEM indicated it's material was nothing more exotic than a lead core with a copper jacket (the thread should have the exact amounts of what alloy).  Stay tuned for the results on what kind of wounds it creates.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
For the team members here is an archive linky.. archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=235657

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top